Sunday, September 20, 2015

My love for Dragon Age Inquisition


I'm having a love affair with a game, Dragon Age Inquisition. This is the best out of the three Dragon Age games. I love the story, love the characters and the world. The choices that I made did matter and Bioware learned their lesson from their fail ending of Mass Effect 3, but I have to play the game as a Human. 

I've played through DAI two and a half times now. I didn't finish the third round because I had enough of the graphic glitches with my Female Rouge Dwarf during the cut scenes. The floating shoulder pad from my armor and then her floating torso. I had asked Simon why I seem to only have this problem with my games and he responded with a very valid point. Games are still made with the mind set that Gamers are going to play a male character. The developers don't take the same amount of time with female characters as they do with the males. They don't play test using female characters with the different sets of armor to make sure the armor is in the right place. (This also happened with my Female Human Mage.)

My Dwarf Rouge during a cut scene in DAI.
The floating torso just shows that they didn't render a female dwarf to fit correctly during the cut scenes. It got really weird with the romance between my dwarf and Iron Bull. She got stretched to Human height during that cut scene.
 

I'm not saying that the graphic glitches are only on female player characters. Simon doesn't like playing Humans and will always choose another race. When he did his play through of DAI, he played a Qunari with a beard. The beard was rendered or coded for Humans so it floated just above his face and again it was during the cut scenes. I would think that Bioware would have had these fixed almost a year later. But I just ran into the floating shoulder pad on my Human Mage in the latest DLC. I got sick of it so I changed the arm set on her armor to a lesser one. No more floating shoulder pad.

I just finished Bioware's final DLC for DAI. The story was awesome and I loved how it did sum up what everyone was doing and took into account the choices that I made. The only things that I was disappointed in was the armor graphic glitches and the lack of armor upgrades. The armor that I had at the end of the main game play through was still better than the armor that I was getting for a story that is two years later. But then again, the DLC, I feel, is more about the ending than it is about getting the leet loot and Bioware accomplished that. This gives us hope for Mass Effect 4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment